SunMed Review SunMed presents one of those weird scenarios where most of our requirements are met, but we’re still a bit on the fence. Case in point — the brand is totally on top of their testing Rated 4.8 / 5 stars! Read 567+ verified customer reviews on SunMed CBD products.
SunMed presents one of those weird scenarios where most of our requirements are met, but we’re still a bit on the fence. Case in point — the brand is totally on top of their testing with protocols that exceed industry standards. But we’re justifiably leery of a lack of ingredients lists and a 2019 warning letter from the FDA. Read on to decide for yourself whether or not SunMed makes the cut.
SunMed Brand Review
SunMed is the brand name related to a number of brands and websites, including parent company Sunflora, Inc. The brand Your CBD Store redirects users to the SunMed site, as does sunflora.org and cbdrx4u.com. It’s hard to tell who exactly is behind SunMed, as a cohesive mission statement as well as anything about the team founders/members is noticeably missing.
We also find it strange that SunMed has no blog or About Us page, especially since their products are sold in multiple retail locations across the US and the UK. We’d certainly like to know more about what’s happening on a person and process level with the brand.
That said, SunMed actually earns points with us for quality and safety. Though they don’t disclose their extraction method, they state they source organically grown hemp from the US, and all their contaminants results look clean.
Speaking of, SunMed provides all that we require for the Safety Badge — third-party potency tests for each SKU and contaminants results for pesticides, residual solvents, microbials, and heavy metals. They even go above our standards with mycotoxin (fungal contaminants) results. However, we do want to note the presence of ethanol in their CBD capsules. Not a deal breaker, but something to keep an eye on nonetheless.
On the surface, the SunMed CBD catalog looks clean; everything is made in the USA, and the company informs consumers how much CBD is included in each serving. But we’re really disappointed at the lack of ingredients lists for each product. Take a look at their options:
- Broad spectrum CBD tinctures- These are offered in different concentrations and flavors, but we cannot verify the ingredients. We do know that the cannabinoid profile looks great — healthy concentrations of CBD, CBDV, CBG, and the more rare CBN.
- CBD gummies- Again, no ingredients list here, but we like that there’s an option between 5mg and 10mg per gummy.
- Water-soluble CBD tinctures
- Water-soluble CBD capsules
- “Neuro” CBD tinctures- These are water-soluble and feature a liposomal delivery mechanism, meaning the CBD molecules are encapsulated in a liposome to help them better survive the digestive process. They’re definitely worthy of the Innovation Badge, but come on, SunMed! No ingredients list AND no listed CBD content?
- CBD tinctures for pets
- CBD bath bombs
- CBD lip balm
- CBD night face serum
- CBD peppermint topical cream- We had to Google an image of this to try to make out the ingredients. It looks pretty clean, with the exception of synthetic phenoxyethanol in the mix.
Finally, in November 2019, SunFlora aka SunMed aka Your CBD Store aka cbdrx4u.com received a warning letter from the FDA for multiple violations, including not providing consumers with adequate directions. Note that the brand may have made changes since the time of this review.
Bottom Line – Although SunMed earns badges for Quality, Safety, and Innovation, we are wary that they do not disclose their ingredients nor publish any semblance of a mission statement.
SunMed CBD Reviews
Read what real, verified customers have said about our products (Often, competitor CBD reviews are fake and edited).
michele m. (verified owner) – August 27, 2022
works better then other things tried.
michele m. – August 27, 2022
Thrilled to have found help for knees.
Pam (verified owner) – August 26, 2022
Pam – August 26, 2022
Website easy to use. Delivery very timely.
KJ (verified owner) – August 17, 2022
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections
Add your email address to sign up for the latest news and our store deals
NEW PRODUCT ALERT
We’re a locally owned Your CBD Store in central Wisconsin.
Email: [email protected]
Our Phone: (844) 748-2266
Find my Store
Copyright © 2022 · Ripon Naturals LLC · 301 Watson St, Ripon, WI 54971
Carrying quality, full spectrum SunMed CBD